1) Katon WJ, Richardson L, Lozano P, McCauey E, 2004, The Relationship of Asthma and Anxiety Disorders, Psychosomatic Medicine, 66:349–355.
2) Goodwin RD, Pine DS, 2002, Respiratory disease and panic attacks among adults in the U.S., Chest, 122:645–650.
3) National Institute for Health and Care Excellence 2017, Breathlessness, NICE, https://cks.nice.org.uk/breathlessness#!topicSummary (last accessed May 2020).
4) Simon ST, Higginson IJ, Benalia H, Gysels M, 2013, Episodic and Continuous Breathlessness: A New Categorization of Breathlessness, Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, Volume 45, Issue 6, Pages 1019-1029.
5) Medical Research Council 2020, MRC Dyspnoea scale / MRC Breathlessness scale, UKRI – MRC, https://mrc.ukri.org/research/facilities-and-resources-for-researchers/mrc-scales/mrc-dyspnoea-scale-mrc-breathlessness-scale (last accessed May 2020)
6) Dixhoorn JV, Folgering H, 2015, The Nijmegen Questionnaire and dysfunctional breathing, ERJ Open Research, 1: 00001–2015.
7) Valenza MC, Valenza-Peña G, Torres-Sánchez I, González-Jiménez E, 2014, Effectiveness of Controlled Breathing Techniques on Anxiety and Depression in Hospitalized Patients With COPD: A Randomized Clinical Trial, Respiratory Care 59(2):209–215.
8) Laurino RA, Barnabé V, Beatriz M. Saraiva-Romanholo, Rafael Stelmach, 2012, Respiratory rehabilitation: a physiotherapy approach to the control of asthma symptoms and anxiety, CLINICS, 67(11):1291-1297.
9) Tselebis A, Bratis D, Pachi A, Moussas G, 2013, A pulmonary rehabilitation program reduces levels of anxiety and depression in COPD patients, Multidisciplinary Respiratory Medicine, 8:41.
10) Agbetile J, Singh S, Bradding P, et al. 2011, P147 Outcomes of pulmonary rehabilitation in severe asthma, Thorax 2011;66:A127.
11) Kew KM, Nashed M, Dulay V, Yorke J, 2016, Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for adults and adolescents with asthma. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 9. Art. No.: CD011818.